What is Laser Therapy and Why Is It Used To Treat Pain?
Cold Laser Therapy sends specific therapeutic wavelengths of light deep into your tissues to facilitate healing at the cellular level. These wavelengths travel further than conventional heat therapies. By using light of differing wavelengths, Cold Laser Therapy provides pain relief and healing to wherever it is needed — superficially, deep, or in between.
What it comes right down to is Cold Laser Therapy promotes self-healing and self-recovery from both acute and chronic conditions that diminish your quality of life.
Benefits of P4 – Cold Laser Therapy
There are many benefits to using Cold Laser Therapy or Platinum 4 Therapy or P4 Laser Therapy. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased Cell Growth
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy increases the production of specific enzymes while also boosting oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Cold Laser treatment helps with a key stage of healing.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser treatment reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Increased Vascular Activity — Laser treatment increases the dilation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure
Laser Therapy Can Help:
Here are just some of the medical conditions that are known to respond well to P4 Laser Therapy:
- Peripheral Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia
- Back and Neck Pain
- Sciatic Pain
- Arthritis Pain, Degenerative Discs/Joints
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Problems (Non Surgical)
- Tendinitis, Trigger Fingers
- Bunion Pains, Plantar Fasciitis
- Sprains and/or Strains
Treatment with P4 Laser Therapy takes four to six sessions for some acute conditions. Chronic conditions tend to respond better when treatments are received two to three times a week.
The number of P4 treatments can vary. Acute conditions usually call for four to six treatments, while conditions that are more chronic might require 12 to 24 or more treatments. A patient could expect ongoing periodic care to control the pain associated with severe arthritis.
With P4 Laser Therapy there is no pain or sensation other than a mild, soothing warmth or tingling. There are also very few side effects. Sometimes old injuries or pain syndromes may feel aggravated for a few days as the healing process is more active after treatment.
So how long until the Cold Laser Treatments get results?
It’s likely you could see improvement in the form of less pain after the very first treatment. Typically it takes several treatments to see improvement.
Laser therapy is often used with other forms of treatment, including physical therapy, chiropractic, massage, soft tissue mobilization, electrotherapy and even following surgery.
A major advantage of Cold Laser Therapy is that it operates at four wavelengths. Those wavelengths are Melanin, Cytochrome c Oxidase, Hemoglobin, and water. These wavelengths provide the broadest array of tissue stimulation and penetration for maximum results!